17 June 2013

Reflection: 17th of June

Quick post today!

Realized that I forgot to mention that on Friday before I went to work, I stopped at Tesco again. FINALLY got my phone sorted out. So now I can contact people in the UK/check bus times and maps and such while I am out. That's a relief.

Found out another American girl is starting to intern at another NHS location in the psychological therapies department. She is having the same issues as me, waiting endlessly for the FBI check to come back. I think this week is the 5th one? But my payment hasn't yet been processed so that's making me nervous. At least I am able to do research at this point. I have a lot of data to go through tomorrow as well as some assessments and questionnaires to score. I did almost a 9hr day today so things are certainly picking up! On Monday, I am going to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for an "Away Team Meeting." There will be presentations on working with people with depression, trauma, and anxiety to name a few. The workshop is from 9am - 4:14pm, so it will be quite a day! I am not sure if the new intern is going to be there, but I hope I get to meet her!

After work today, I went with the family I am living with to a local furniture show. There is a furniture school in town called Chippendale International School Of Furniture. The pieces they made were really quite amazing...they are only there for 9 months but produce some really unique art. At the end of the year they receive their certificate, have a showcase and try to sell as much of their work as they can! I didn't really take any pictures of the furniture because it didn't really seem appropriate, but the setting of the school was beautiful.

Today I sent out about 15 piece of mail. I must have looked like a crazy lady at the postbox. I still have a few people who requested mail I need to write to, and for that I apologize. I must have miscalculated the amount of postcards I needed to by. I am out of stamps, too! It is possible that I may have spent more on post supplies so far than on food...

Tomorrow's small adventure will be going to Tesco (again) to see if I can get cash back using my credit/debit card. When I went to the currency exchange in Edinburgh, they told me they can only do it with cash, and will not accept cards. I should have exchanged more money at the airport, I suppose. Good to know for the future!

 I think this will probably be a low-key week as far as blog posts go. I hope I have another exciting weekend ahead of me though!

No comments:

Post a Comment