04 June 2013

Harry Potter

I wanted to post this yesterday but I wanted to make sure everything worked out OK before I actually recorded it here!

My family and Paul are planning to come to the UK at the end of the summer. Since we are all huge fans of Harry Potter, I decided to send my mom some things I have found related to the books/films that we can do when they are here. Last night I composed an email comprised of nerdy Harry Potter related things and sent it off. It was only hours later that I realized I sent it to my internship SUPERVISOR instead of my MOM!

I was absolutely humiliated, and as soon as I realized, I sent my supervisor another email to apologize. Not a great move to make the day before meeting her in person! However, she emailed me back saying she is Harry Potter obsessed, and she hopes that helps alleviate some of my embarrassment. Then during the day, we talked about Disney World and Doctor Who (thank goodness we have those things in common)! I'm still a bit mortified...but nothing I can do about it now but laugh!
Also wanted to share with you, it is currently 10:41pm here. I just took this picture outside my window...the sun is still  setting. Apparently by midsummer (just a few weeks) it will be light enough to read outside past 11pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment