28 July 2013

Random Edinburgh Adventure

I went to St. James shopping center in Edinburgh as I really have no warm weather clothes to bring with me to London in a few weeks. As I was walking up to the entrance, I noticed a crowed uf people hovering around a tented enclosure. When I got closer, I discovered it was an exhibit containing birds of prey. They were raising donations for their falconry club.

I think most people in my life know that I have a "thing" for owls. I found out recently that there is an owl sanctuary west of Edinburgh that I would not be able to visit while I am here due to transportation issues. Well, there were plenty of owls hanging out in Edinburgh yesterday!



For a couple pounds (a donation), you could choose a bird to take a picture with. I chose this little owl named Oscar. I'm not sure the owl above would have fit on my arm...

 So that was my random owl-encounter in Edinburgh! It was a great surprise!




1 comment:

  1. Awww! How wonderful that you got to see the owls up close and personal. That owl is indeed just your size!

    ReplyDelete