26 May 2013

Counting Down

THREE DAYS!

I think the anxiety is starting to set in. Last night I had dreams all about the trip, including packing, turbulence on my flight, and getting lost in the airport. I guess it makes sense why I would be nervous, but I am hoping it does not hindrance my experience! I anticipate the first few weeks being hard, but I am serious about documenting everything I think and feel in this blog in the most honest way possible. Looking back, I want to remember the trip for how it really was.

Today I will be running some last minute errands which include purchasing a new pair of jeans (dawned on my last night I should have a nicer pair), gathering toiletries, and finding a hostess gift for the family I will be living with. That being said, if anyone has ideas of what to bring from NEW JERSEY to SCOTLAND, I would be forever in your debt! I figured I would pick out a few handcrafted items from Smithville Village, but everything else I can think of seems so cheesy! I know Val, the mother in the family I am living with, is a "teetotaler" so bringing local NJ wine is not an option, which was another idea I had! So any suggestions would be appreciated. The family I am staying with is picking my up from the airport, which is so generous and wonderful, so I want to make sure I bring them something nice to thank them.

I have been starting to fill my bags up with clothes and shoes - I think I need a whole bag for my shoes! Between my wellies, regular boots, walking sneakers, berkenstocks, flats for work and a pair of pumps just in case, I am worried about the weight in my main bag. I am taking one large suitcase with wheels, the biggest carryon case that I am allowed to take, and a personal bag in which I will be packing my laptop and my camera. I don't want to let them out of my sight! Well, it is time to get a move on with these activities. I'll update tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment