06 August 2013

Glasgow

Oh my goodness, has it really been almost a week since I've posted? The time is just slipping away from me. I had a busy weekend (as usual), so I want to make sure I write about it while it is relatively recent! 

On Saturday, I went to Glasgow for a day just to hang out with the family I am living with. As you can see from the architecture, it looks very different than Edinburgh. It is much more industrial, and much busier. It actually reminded me of Philadelphia, in a way. Maybe because it was actually much more demographically diverse...Edinburgh has the tendency to lean towards the homogenous, it seems.



We had cake and coffee in a Russian cafe. I appreciated the puns.

 We shared this cake. I have no idea what it is called in Russian, but it was a lemon cake, with creamy walnut icing, and chocolate icing in between. The honey added a whole other layer of taste which was just lovely. I haven't had any cake like that before!
                                        There was also a TARDIS sighting in Glasgow.

On the way back from Glasgow, I was dropped off at the airport to meet my cousin, Chris! I'll explain more in the next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment